See below for what's new, open hours and policies...
Indoor Pool Hours of Operation:
5:00am - 10:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays
6:00am - 10:00pm
|Outdoor Pool Hours of Operation (Seasonal):
11:00am - 8:00pm
11:00am - 7:00pm
Q. What are the pools' rules of admittance?
- For yours and others safety, admittance to the pool may be refused for the following reasons:
- Infectious or communicable diseases.
- Infectious conditions, such as cold, open wounds or blisters.
- Under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.
- Any persons in the opinion of the aquatic supervision, whose admittance would be detrimental to the operation and safety of the pool.
- Children under twelve (12) years of age will not be admitted into the pool area unless accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or someone that has been designated by the delegation of parental powers.
- Babies under 3 months of age are not allowed in the pool or on the pool decks.
- Proper swim attire:
- Lined swim suits (no exposed metal buckles, zippers, etc.).
- Thongs are prohibited.
- No jean shorts in the water.
- T-shirts must be clean 50/50 cotton/poly blend.
- Children of toilet training age must wear aqua diapers. The locker rooms are to be used for changing diapers; no changing diapers on deck.
Q. What are Family Hours for Indoor Pool?
Family Hours for Indoor Pool - Winter Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. (no slide)
Tuesday & Friday 12 p.m. - 9 p.m. (slide 6p.m. - 9p.m.)
Saturday 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. (slide open)
Sunday 12 a.m. - 7 p.m. (slide open)
Family Hours for Indoor Pool - Summer Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday & Friday 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. - 7 p.m.
No slide during outdoor pool operation.
GLAC reserves the right to adjust hours and policies and necessary.
Q. What are the general pool rules?
- Follow the instructions of the lifeguards on duty!
- GLAC Management has the right to remove members and guests from the pool for misbehavior.
- Parent / Guardians are required to be in the water and in arms reach of children under the age of 12 who can not pass the swim test. GLAC offers two levels of swim tests:
- Orange Swim Band (play pool only): Child must be able to swim/tread the width of the pool and back to pass this level.
- Purple Swim Band (lap and play pool): Child must be able to swim/tread the length of a lap lane and back to pass this level.
- See GLAC Lifeguard for testing.
- Children under the age 12 can not be left in pool area unsupervised.
- Everyone is required to take a shower before entering the pool.
- No running allowed on deck areas and/or in locker rooms.
- Street shoes are not allowed on deck or in pools.
- Only use of lifeguard approved lifesaving devices allowed. No water wings permitted.
- Weak swimmers are recommended to stay in shallow water only.
- Lap swimming only in lap lane.
- Hanging, standing or sitting on lane lines or dividing ropes is not allowed.
- Obey no diving signs. Feet first entry in 5 feet or less water depth.
- No spitting in, spouting of pool water.
- Rough housing is not allowed (dunking, chicken fighting, back riding, splashing, etc).
- Food items are only allowed in the designated food areas (fenced-in picnic tables - outdoor pool). Food will be available for purchase through Cafe Vitality. No food allowed on indoor pool deck.
- Glass, breakable, and/or hazardous objects are not permitted.
- Strollers and car seats are not permitted on pool deck. Designated stroller parking area is available when using the outdoor pool.
- Smoking is not allowed on property.
- Pet or animals, except for trained guide dog accompanying a person who has a disability, is not permitted in the swimming pool enclosure. A guide dog is not permitted in the pool.
© Copyright 2010 - Great Lakes Athletic Club - All Rights Reserved